Wednesday, June 21, 2006


I drove to the other side of town to get dog and cat food at the local Top Crop, and lo and behold, once getting Finn all buckled in and ready for the big Superstore shopping trip ahead, the car didnt start. Didnt click. Didn't whirr. Nothing. hmmmmm....thought I and phoned up my trusty Sccoting husband (see: http://blogscoot.blogspot.com/) for advice. Apparently the same thing happened to him lat hight, but he had forgot to tell me.
oh well. thats just how it goes sometimes!

The beauty of a small town is of course our Baker (see http://thevillagebaker.blogspot.com/) happened by, likely to pick up dog food for his canines as well, and push-started me. So Finn and I went for a 20 minute drive on a scenic route towards the airport to charge the car battery. We stopped and shopped and then when i tried to start the car again, she again-refused to obey. Another friendly couple helped to push me out of my troubles this time! Needless to say, we are going to have to push-start it and drive on down to our mechanic for a peek at the alternator.

All in a days adventures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your husband must be some lazy sod! tell him to fix the car.