we made it home.
First from Lethbridge to Lundbreck (Wrenny entertained with 45 minutes of all out screaming) and then after a lovely visit with the Stephens clan, on Monday morning from Lundbreck to home.
and that latter part was a bit of an adventure.
- one car boost to get the car started in the morning (no kids inside),
- one diesel tank fill with car running so as not to have it stall and die again
- a right signal light turned on to highway three to cause need for:
- one boost from 2 nutty CP Rail workers
- another boost as the car dies whilst idling
- an attempt to mickey mouse my lost belt beside the alternator with rope and handy blow torch by said CPR workers
- one (and then 3 more) call to Mike saying I really can't ride this car home from the windiest corner of the Alberta with two kids
- one or 12 tears
- one exclamation by 2 year old "car fick-ix?"
- one under my breath bad word
- and thankfully: one lovely red long cab truck borrowed from Mark and Daphne to come home.
that's the story on that!
Mike is just now taking the trip back to Lundbreck to install the said belt and fix worn out pully and bring our jetta home.
I'm about done for car adventure for a few weeks.
That being said..I think I will be going to see baby Tomi before the month is out!