Tuesday, May 13, 2008

sad

on friday we are doing our second annual "Doogie Boogie" to commemorate the life and laughter of our Doug Erickson-who left us very suddenly in a freak tragedy 2 years ago. Music, food, stories-all the good stuff.

Well, today we had another crazy tragic happening. Helicopter crashed on 14th Ave in the middle of the road and 4 were killed. One of those killed-a family member of a good friend.
It is so over the top..2 days apart, 2 years apart.
I am so struck by the frailty of life again.
I walk that street all the time.
our "time" could be any old time.
I am feeling sobered, and worn out-for there is never a shortage of sorrow and suffering here below.
I guess I juat need to say-i am thankful-for another day-cause, I do like it here..alot.

3 comments:

Mrs.Q said...

Amen.

Karyn-for-you said...

When I heard about this on the news I wondered if you knew anyone in the crash. I am sorry for your loss. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have been wondering if you knew the folks involved. I am so sorry to hear that it happened, and even more so that you are grieving with the family who lost someone special. You are right - life is so fragile and so unpredictable. Enjoy today and right now, because that is all that is a sure thing.
Love you,
Nana